It's amazing to me every time I look at the book that I am calling "my life" to see how the chapters are turning out, whether beginning, ending, or in the process of being written. They are crazy, they are challenging, but they make me smile every day.
In the past 6 months of 2012, I have:
- Lost AND made new friends who have brought so much to my life, it's impossible to count.
- Planned and organized an amazing event, raising over $50,000 for a cause that I am passionate about.
- Shaved off all my hair for said above stated event. #StBaldricks2012
- Lost a cousin, completely unexpectedly, and was reminded that when stuff hits the fan, your family is always there, no matter what. It's a corner that I am lucky to have filled with so many wonderful people.
- Rocked the hats, and then realized that rocking the bald head was so much cooler. (Both in temperature and awesome points)
- Written countless papers, and FINALLY graduated with my Masters degree in Social Work
- Applied for countless jobs and gone on interviews.
- Gotten offered a job I never thought I would get, and have to re-pack all of my stuff to move. Again. Right back to where I just was. (Oh, 518, you apparently have my heart)
- Helped a friend move to NC
- Helped friends through relationship ups and downs, and still be here to talk about.
- Finally closed chapters in my life, and started new ones. And these new ones? They're looking good <3
It's amazing. I never thought I would be moving back to Albany. To a life, and to a town that I thought I was pretty much done with. And yet, when I got back to Rochester, I realized quickly that while my family has my heart, and always will, I am not quite done on the journey that Albany gives me.
So, here's to the 2nd half of 2012 being just as great, trying, happy, challenging, tear, growth and hope filled as the first.