St. Baldrick’s Foundation

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Continued Musings, from the Girl Stealing Internet at Starbucks

I still don't have internet at my apartment.

This apartment? Is quite cute. But it is lonely. And sometimes, it is sad. That is why this weekend? I will have visitors. Not visitors in a slutty way, but visitors in the form of friends and sisters and happiness. It is exciting.

Either way. I have been coming to this new Starbucks for.... 3 days in a row now. I have been writing papers. And stealing their internet. And wondering, what it is that one does when one does not have internet.

No internet? It's a sad place.

A place I don't want to be for much longer. Alas. That means I should probably go to the store and set up my new account. Alas.

Another thing to do.

This week has been enlightening. I have realized that I really hate group projects. I really dislike students in graduate school programs who do not understand graduate school. And the effort one should try to make when one is participating in projects and assignments.

Gah.

Do you know how many people come to Starbucks to also steal internet? A lot. I have met some of them. Such nice people.

But right now? I look like a homeless person writing on their computer, and writing random musings about stealing internet. It's enjoyable. Who doesn't like that?

I have been reading new blogs. They make me laugh and smile and cry and think. I like it. I like thinking, because thinking about writing especially, makes me want to write more. I am going to try to write more. I am not saying that this will happen, because well.... I don't like to make promises I may or may not keep. But I am going to try.

Because writing? It is therapeutic. And my internship is over now, so I can write about the year that has been my life that causes me to drink. ((Not a lot Mom, don't worry)). But this internship? The one that I have just completed? I am happy it is over. I am happy that it will no longer be stealing my soul for 16 hours per week. I am happy that I will no longer have to deal with women who think that they should exert their power over students whom they are not teaching. I am happy that supervisors who do not actually supervise will be out of my life. And I am happy that I will not have to be a life coach to someone who was supposed to be teaching me.

Sometimes, it feels like I am much older than my 24 years.

This can be good. And sometimes? It is very frustrating.

This post? Very random. My apologies, 2 people in the world that are reading this right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment