St. Baldrick’s Foundation

Monday, December 19, 2011

A tale of 2.

This blog post brought to you by the good people at the wine store. (And girlfriends, of course).

As I was driving home tonight, I was thinking over a conversation that my girlfriend and I had at dinner. A conversation about guys, life, relationships, work, and well... growing up and trying to make it work. A conversation about being ourselves and finding someone who understood that at the end of the day.... And it got me thinking.


I am sarcastic...
... because it's easy, and it's a wall.

I have walls...
... for protection from those around me.

I smile and laugh...
... when crying would be easier.

I'm a little crazy...
... because it's more fun that way.

I am strong...
... because that is my option.

I have dreams and goals...
... because I want more for myself.

I want to work with kids...
... because there is always hope.

I stand up for what I believe in...
... even when it's not popular.

I fight...
... because I have passion.

I get offended...
... because I know what I want & what I deserve.

I know how I should be treated...
... so it's what I expect.

I know how to treat others...
... so that's what I do.

I look to my grandparents (and parents)
love and devotion...
... and know it must be out there for me.

I love...
... even with the risk of getting hurt.

I trust...
... when I sometimes shouldn't.

I believe...
... because I know that love exists and endures.


It doesn't make coming home to an empty apartment much easier though. Sometimes? It's nice to have a hand to hold while going through the difficult parts in life.

Martina McBride has a new song, called "I'm gonna love you through it," and while it's a song about a woman who is just diagnosed with breast cancer and her husbands statement that he will always be there, these lyrics bring tears to my eyes every time. It is a song like this, that makes me remember my mom's words to me as well, "Someday, there will be a man who will accept and love all of you. He will be strong enough to handle everything you bring to the table." -Here's hoping, Mom!

When you're weak, I'll be strong
When you let go, I'll hold on
When you need to cry, I swear that I'll be there to dry your eyes
When you get lost, scared to death
Like you cant take one more step
Just take my hand, together we can do it
I'm gonna love you through it


So, if you made it this far?

I think after Christmas? It's time for a pet.

3 comments:

  1. Dog or cat? Or a different kind of pet all together?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really well written. ;) I've always thought you're pretty darn cool, so the right guy will come around. Your mom is right. But at the risk of sounding pedantic, do enjoy this time in your life too! Maybe before you know it you'll be spending LOTS of time wiping poopy bottoms and setting sleep schedules! That's what my outlook is currently. (happily)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i say you get a cute little dog that fits in your purse! :)

    -katie..your sissy..duh!

    ReplyDelete