St. Baldrick’s Foundation

Thursday, January 28, 2010

BNL

The Barenaked Ladies. Ahhhh BNL, how my father taught me to enjoy your music so immensely. (Well, you, the Cranberries, Fleetwood Mac, Kenny G, Alanis Morisette, and others. But still. You're pretty awesome and you have really fun, understandable, musical instrument using music)

Throughout my bar-tending/restaurant experience, I have met a lot of crazy, interesting, cool people.
Pilots,
random drunk business people who tip me fabulously,
guys about to propose,
dudes about to get divorced,
Obama's Delta Secret Service agents... Uh... YEA. (summarize it to say, they didn't tell me who they were at first, I thought they were meathead gym jerks, they whipped out all of their LEGIT secret service badges, and I almost fell over. They're the people who go after the bad dudes if someone tried to attack the POTUS. CA-RAA-ZY). You know, normal people.

But on Monday, I was treated to something absolutely cool, which is totally normal.

The Barenaked Ladies performed at the bar I was working at. It. Was. So. Cool. It was a private show for Absolut promotions, guest list, totally acoustic and awesome. And I knew most of the songs that they played and felt cool. Everyone around was asking who they were, and why they were famous, and I, with my infinite hours of playing "Name the song/Singer" game in the car with my Dad, felt quite knowledgeable.

Granted, we were totally over staffed and I didn't make as much money as I had hoped, but it was worth it and a very cool experience.

And did I mention I failed to get a picture with them? Ugh. Idiotttt :)

No comments:

Post a Comment