St. Baldrick’s Foundation

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Tat? Too? And the blogosphere world...

This is one of *POSSIBLY* two posts for the day.

I know.

Control. the. panic.

Or, be totally impressed that I am writing all this fabulous stuff again.
I just have too much to say today. My mind is going crazy.

First, I have been playing with the idea of getting a(nother) tattoo for quite some time. Yes, Mom and Dad, I have a tattoo. We can all talk about this out in the open now, because well... it's been there for over 2 years. And it's cool. And a Celtic guardian angel. And the stairway puker went with me to get it. (hahahaaaa, stories for another time).

Anywhoooo.
I want it to be a weeping willow tree, on my side upper rib cage. I want the "leaves" if you will to be squiggly, and turn out to be the numbers of the years of the birth of my immediate family members. Cool, huh?
Some ideas I have come across:
Not totally sure I love it. But it's cool. If the leaves were more swirly, sure. It'd be great. As of right now, it's a good starting point.


Ok, like this one a bit more. It's not quite as "weeping" but it's cool. And you could see how the numbers could work into it. I like it. It's definitely workable.


And then there's this one. I could do the year numbers around the heart. I kind of like that idea. I like that the tree is growing out of the heart, and that is quite symbolic.

Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Concerns? Total rage or you think I shouldn't get it?

So, onto topic numero dos, for post numero uno today. My Spanish is rocking, by the way. And by rocking, I mean... this is the only stuff I know.

As some of you may have noticed, there is a new little picture on the right hand side of the screen. This is called a "button" in the blog world. I love it. I love what it stands for. I love that there are other women out there who can get as fiery as I do about topics that others choose to ignore.

I have recently gotten lost in the blog world quite often. I first heard of "Women's Writes" on this blog. Then I linked to the original post here. I think that the idea that women writing about issues to bring a lot of people's ideas to the forefront is amazing. It can be life changing. And it can be overwhelming. There are people who are going to write this month about the new law in Oklahoma that protects doctors from giving expectant mothers health information about their unborn children. The article presents that "A second measure passed into law on Tuesday prevents women who have had a disabled baby from suing a doctor for withholding information about birth defects while the child was in the womb."

ARE. YOU. KIDDING. ME?! Let me tell you, that my unborn children (who again, are far off and not happening any time soon, Mom) (hahaha, love you!) not only will I be the most informed soon-to-be-parent, but I know enough people in the medical world now (thank YOU Albany Med) and enough doctors, students techs, nurses, patients, whatever, that this would never be allowed. A woman has a right to know what is going on with her unborn child. If they didn't have that right, why bother with the ultrasound? This isn't keeping the sex a surprise until birth. This is why I want to be a Dr., a lawyer, a social worker, and a legislator. At the same time.

Yikes. Cross Oklahoma off the list of places I (never) want(ed) to live (anyways).

No comments:

Post a Comment