St. Baldrick’s Foundation

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Pour Your Heart Out: My first one

So, I know... it's a shock, I found another blog I am now following and am a huge fan of. So, this is my first, "Pour Your Heart Out" blog.



So, here goes.

First heart breaks are awful. They are horrendous. They tear you apart and they make you feel helpless.

After yesterday, I am pretty sure that the only thing that is worse than your own personal first heartbreak, is watching or listening to someone elses, who you love and would do anything for.

It is awful to be on the phone 200+ miles away and not be able to do anything.

To feel helpless.

To not be able to give a hug, and say that this will pass. Eventually you will get past this. You will love better than this again. And eventually you will not feel like your heart is being pounded on by a 400 lb gorilla wearing stiletto heels.

Someone once told me that in this world there are a lot of different types of love. Not many people end up with their first. But, there is always a first, and while you always will love that person, you eventually move on. And you fall in love again. And this second love, teaches and shows you how far it is that you have come in personal growth, since the first.

So, favorite/only little bro-ski, this is for you. I love you, and I wish I could hug you right now. Please know that we are all here for you, even though it feels like you are alone. xo. xo. xo.
Love you,
Your big sis.

3 comments:

  1. First loves are so hard to get over. They stay with us forever, even though we move on and are happy, we still remember our first.

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...I still remember my first love 24 years ago. I still wonder about him. Happy to not be with him...and there is some country song called "Thank God for unanswered prayers" (or something like that) which is all about first love. It's a good song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So hard...all broken hearts hurt! I can remember most of mine but we all move on. Thanks for stopping by with your comments today. It was great seeing that I am not alone! I did get off my butt today and walked the dog for 35 minutes! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete