St. Baldrick’s Foundation

Friday, May 28, 2010

Thank you.

Over the past couple of days I have received phone calls, emails, comments, facebook posts, etc. just telling me that I am not alone.

Thank you, to all of you who have been able to tell me your own story. In this day and age of people living in a virtual, fast paced, instant gratification world, we sometimes forget to reach out to others and tell them, "I get it. I've been there/I'm there now."

The worst feeling is not knowing what happens next. Not feeling strong enough to take that next step, and not knowing if you're making the right choice.

So, thank you. I know that the days aren't always easy, and everyone has a lot on their plates. But the support, whether it has been virtual or real life, is appreciated.

We can't be successful in this life alone, and every once in a while, I think we all get tired of faking like we have it all together all the time.

Happy Memorial Day weekend, everyone. Be sure to give a hug, send something supportive, or be an open ear or phone call for someone this weekend. There's a lot of people who are without their "other person," as a result of being in the military. Be sure to honor them just as much as we honor those men and women who are overseas fighting. There's struggles at home too, and it's important to recognize them.

No comments:

Post a Comment