St. Baldrick’s Foundation

Saturday, February 20, 2010

A Guest Post by the ONE and ONLY

Ok everyone, be excited. I have decided that while I am super funny, I have some super funny and extremely insightful friends. They're smart, funny, fabulous, and they have great things to say. And sometimes, it just helps to write things out.

So, what I'm trying to say, is MEET MARIA! She's my new fabulous friend from school, and well... we'll let her take it away from here :) And seriously, read, leave comments, and send me some more followers! Read the whole thing, it's a very realistic introduction, and well... Maria doesn't hold much back. It's part of the reason we get along so well.

And so it begins. How to start this fun new part of my existence? Do i start by introducing myself? Do I jump into being ridiculous, inappropriate, insightful, longwinded, and just downright hilarious? Or....do I explain how I came to meet the wonderful Whitney Lill. I guess I could do it all since that would probably make the most sense.

Hello, My name is Maria and I am addicted to...I just realized that I have two different socks on. Welcome to my life. I like to think of myself as not someone who marches to the beat of their own drummer but as the person who steals the drum and leads a whole new parade. I wouldn’t say it’s because I like to be in control but because this way I can make sure that everyone is smiling and having fun. That’s how I met Whitney. No don’t worry I didn’t steal her drum...I stole her boyfriend. Hahaha Just kidding...I’m a big Lesbo :)

Whitney and I are both Social Work Grad Students. What do we have in common you ask? We are both ridiculously inappropriate which is absolutely wonderful in ever possible way. We like to question why things are the way they are...and we probably won’t stop until we get an answer we like...so we won’t be stopping anytime soon. Whitney is running St. Baldrick’s and I’m shaving my head. I can’t wait!! Oh and of course, we are dating the same boy...DUH!!! (again..just kidding!!)

So you may be asking yourself...or you may have already stopped reading...why is this random lesbo writing for Whitney’s blog. Well that would be because Whitney asked me to. For some reason she thinks I have interesting things to say. I like to think that she has a point in that...but what do I know. I think she is just trying to be nice to her Token Lesbian friend. Just kidding buddy :)

And so it comes to a close. I figure I should keep the first guest blog leaving you wanting more. For those of you who don’t know me...I ask you to not judge and to keep an open mind. I am not sure what I will find inspiration in to write about. I have been through a lot and seen even more. I would do anything for those I care about and would give my life for those I love. I am a big dork and love to laugh all the time. I love piercings and tattoos and plan on getting more. I have designed all of my tattoos and they all have personal meaning to me. In about a month I will look like G.I. Jane and I cannot wait!! I have no idea what tomorrow will hold and that both scares the shit out of me and excites me to no end. I love to play ice hockey and I love getting lost in a good book. I usually get mistaken for a 12 year old boy and I have some really good stories of people being embarrassed because they have mistakenly addressed me as such. Sometimes life can be a real piece of work...but we make it through and THAT is truly inspiring.

~Maria...Over and Out


See??!! I told you, she's great!

No comments:

Post a Comment